It’s Wednesday and time for another great challenge at For Fun Challenges. This week the theme is to create a card or any other project using something new: something you bought and never used before. My card is very special to me for this challenge as I used an Elizabeth Bell’s stamp “Day dreaming” that a very dear blog friend, Sharon, kindly gave to me as a gift. This is the first Elizabeth Bell stamp I own and I just love the dainty and pretty image . To do justice to this stamp I tried to create a card that looks like a picture from a little girl’s storybook. For dimension I layered the window shutters with mirror tape and added “Platinum” Stickles to the flourishes. The lace and Prima Lilliput flower are also new additions to my card – I bought the lace about 2 months ago and the Prima Liliput flowers at the opening of the walk-in Scrap-a-Doodles store, in South Arica, on Saturday. I hope you enjoy the look of my card as much as I enjoyed creating it.
I entered the card for the following challenges:
- Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #103 – Easel cards
- Paper Sundaes Challenge #38 – Something from your Stash ( Lace, papers and rose buds)
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #79 – Layer it on! ( 6 layer, lace included)
- Catch the Bug Challenge – Anything Goes
- Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays – Open
- The ABC Challenge – E is for Easel cards
I used the following to create the card:
- White and pink cardstock
- K and Company designer papers
- Elizabeth Bell rubberstamp “Day Dreaming”
- Prima Lilliput flower and other paper flowers from my stash
- Stickels “Platinum”
- Lyra Rembrandt-Aquarell watercolour pencils for colouring
- Computer-generated sentiment
I am sure all crafters have something in their stash they have never used before. We would love to see your creation at For Fun Challenges this week. The ladies of the For Fun Challenges design team created some amazing cards for this challenge – it’s worthwhile a visit to get the necessary inspiration for this challenge.
Have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Greetings from South Africa,