The theme for this week’s For Fun Challenge is Turkey Day or Thanksgiving. For my DT card I used a stamp I bought a very long time ago – the copyright date on the stamp is 1999. The stamp is from PSX who discontinued their stamp range about 2 years ago – what a pity because of the exquisite designs and quality of these stamps. I love this specific stamp because it reminds me of my father’s truck with which our family had so much fun on the farm. The truck is a 1934 Dodge and owned by my grandfather. After grandfather passed away my father inherited old “Spokie”. Usually my father transported hay and lucerne from the farm-lands to the cattle kraals and pony stables. Our children always jumped on to have a free ride back home, clinging for dear life to stay on top of the load. Today the truck is a vintage and my brother-in-law renovated “Spokie” to its original glory. Yes, one can only be thankful for such wonderful moments and memories we can still cherish.
I also entered my card for the following challenges:
- A Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge 130 – Distressing
- Creative Card Crew Challenge – Let’s Give Thanks!
- Paper Sundaes Challenge #44 – Pick your Sundae Topping (Colour Blue and Embossed Tag)
- Stamp with Fun Challenge #85 – Square
- The Crazy Challenge CCH#41 – Thank you or Thanksgiving
I used the following to create the card:
- PSX stamp K-2040
- White and blue cardstock
- K and Company Designer paper “Wild Saffron”
- Heritage white acrylic paint for distressing
- Twinkling H2O’s and Perfect Pearls for colouring
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Fancy tags”
- Computer generated sentiment
The Design Team ladies at For Fun Challenges created the most beautiful cards for your inspiration. Hope you will take part in the fun at For Fun Challenges this week. It can’t wait to see your creations linked on the blog.
Greetings from South Africa and thanks for stopping by,