Today was my first day back at work. At ten o’ clock I was missing my crafting spot and at lunch time I was thinking about ways to replace my monthly salary so to have more time for crafting! Hopefully tomorrow I have adapt and life will go its normal routine again … urrgh. Anyway, back from work I managed to complete this card based on a sketch by Lena at the Lili of the Valley challenge blog. As usual with me and sketches, I didn’t know what to do with the two corners ’till I found the two chipboard hearts in my stash. Love them as they look like the heart on top of the cake stand. The Lili of the Valley (LOTV) stamp is new and one of three stamps I ordered the end of last year. The little girlie stamps are so adorable and fun to colour.
The card is fit to enter in the following challenges:
- Lili of the Valley Challenge #79 – Sketch by Lena
- Paper Sundaes Challenge #51 – Circles
- Card Makin’ Mamas Challenge #12 – Girls Just Want to Have Fun!!!
- Pile it On Challenge #2 – Cute Children
- Craft your Days Away Challenge #11 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenge #40 – Let’s Tie One On (Ribbon and Bow)
- Stampin’ B’s Challenge #92 – Use and old favorite and something brand spankin’ new on your card (New LOTV stamp and old paper roses and pink hearts from stash)
A close up
I used the following stuff to create the card:
- White, green and purple cardstock
- BoBunny Designer papers (Glitter series) “Jazmyne Botanical” and “Jazmyne Mist”
- Lili of the Valley stamps “Hello Cupcake” and “Calender” sentiment stamp
- Paper roses
- Heart embellishments
- Chipboard hearts
- Crystal glitter from The Glitter Factory
- Martha Stewart Punches “Doiley Lace” and “Oak Leaf”
- Faber Castell Aquarelle watercolour pencils for colouring
- Satin ribbon
- Spellbinders Nestabilities dies “Circles” and “Scalloped Circles”
I chose the green colours as this is how our lawns and gardens are at this time of the year after we have been blessed with lovely summer rains the past weeks. Have a wonderful day and keep on crafting. I’ll appreciate a comment so that I can come visit you too.
Greetings from South Africa,