Hello blog friends,
While busy making this card the past weekend I realized that I am already one year in blogland! What an amazing journey for me, be welcomed amongst fabulous card makers, met caring people around the world, learned something new about paper crafts each day and most of all – make friends with wonderful people in my own country and all over the world. I decided to make a card showcasing how much I appreciate my friends. As inspiration for the card I used the following quote: “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” (Leo Buscaglia). The dovecote stamp (0510010DOVEC) is from FlowerSoft and the sentiment stamp from Penny Black (Friends Matter 4073F).
I entered the card in the following challenges:
- Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #15 (ends 01/30) – Lets Get Sentimental
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #38 (ends 02/07) – Florals
- Let’s Ink It Up #8 (ends 01/30) – Anything Goes
- Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #51 (ends 01/30) – Bling It Up!
- One Stich at a Time Challenge #46 (ends 01/30) – As You Like It
- Scrappy Saturday (WMC) Challenge #40 (ends 01/28) – Free Your Creativity
- Paper Cutz Challenge #75 (ends 01/27) – “It Your Choice”
Here is the card
The roses, sentiment and the bling
Hope you like the card. I used the following to create the card:
- White and lilac cardstock
- FlowerSoft stamp “Dovecote”
- Penny Black stamp “Friends Matter”
- Paper roses
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink “Milled Lavender”
- Marianne Design Creatables die “Leaf” and “Flourishes”
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
- Lyra Rembrandt Aquarell watercolour pencils
Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your crafting. Would like to know who visits, so please if you have a minute to spare leave a comment so that I can come and see your creation too.
Greetings from South Africa,