Well, I am a few days late on my regular posting schedule but today I want to share a card that was so much fun to make. The past couple of days was cloudy, rainy and cold, so my mojo for card making was just gone. I decided to go through my crafting stash to try to get inspiration and then discovered this little treasures – Beatrix Potter card toppers! This was a bumper pack specially designed for Crafts Beautiful magazine in 2009. It was like a trip down memory lane to just scroll through all the little characters and remember each of then from my childhood – Peter Rabbit, Jemima the puddle duck, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle, the tale of Tom Kitten and all the others. For today’s card I chose two Jemimas, gossiping their hearts out. The challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is to create a card or project based on an inspiration photo and use pastel colours and stripes. The venise lace heart and galloon rosebuds I ordered about two months ago and this arrived in South Africa last Friday. I was over the moon as I love these petite embellishments and for this card it just fits perfectly.
I entered the card for the following challenges:
- The Shabby Tea Room Week #58 (ends 04/24) – ‘How Egg-cellent’
- Paper Sundaes Challenge #65 (ends 04/23) – Texture
- Card Makin Mamas Challenge #19 (ends 04/28) – Spring Colours
- Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #30 (ends 04/25) – Open Challenge
- Cupcake Craft Challenges #138 (ends 04/25) – Lots of Layers
- 2 Sisters Challenge #35 (ends 04/22) – Bingo (Die-cuts, Glitter and Flowers)
- Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge #108 (ends 04/27) – Pets / Animals
- EtsyInspired Challenge #135 (ends 04/22) – Creating is Fun Etsy Shop (Inspiration : Heart shaped buttons)
A peep at the inside
My favourite seam binding and paper roses with a bit of crystal glitz.
The gorgeous Venise lace heart and rosebuds. A small crystal on the button heart to bling it up.
I used the following to create the card:
- White and aqua cardstock
- Prima designer paper “Steel Toe Mare Jane Collection Chintzy”
- Beatrix Potter card topper from Crafts Beautiful bumper pack
- Lili of the Valley Circular Sentiment stamp “For You”
- Venise lace heart
- Venice tribud galloon roses
- Seam binding
- Spellbinders nestabilities “Lacey circles”
- Heart button
- Paper roses
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink “Broken China”
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,