This is my last project as guest designer for Wild Orchid Crafts. I absolutely love to create with their beautiful flowers and lace. Today’s card is created with some of my favourite autumn colours. Although the background paper is a warm rust colour I struggled to get a photo that do justice to the color combo – I think a photography course is one of the important things on my bucket list! The adorable image (“Birthday bumps”) and sentiment is from Lili of the Valley and the colouring was done with Lyra-Rembrandt Aquarelle water-colour pencils. The wild roses, cherry blossoms, semi-open rosebuds and rosebuds are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I created the card with the following challenges in mind:
- One Stop Craft Challenge Week #133 (ends 06/04) – Buttons and Bows
- Sew Many Challenges #55 (ends 06/03) – Circles
- The Shabby Tearoom Week#54 (ends 06/06) – ‘2 – 4 – 6’ (2 patterned papers, 4 buttons and 6 layers (2 cream , 2 patterned and 2 orange layers) and using 4 colours of the inspiration photo)
- Stamp Something (ends 06/03) – Something Sentimental
- Paper Play Challenges Week #21 (ends 06/02) – Blossoms and Blooms
- One Stitch At A Time Challenge #64 (ends 06/05) – 4th of July / Picnics
- Crafty Calendar Challenge (ends 06/03) – Teddy Bears
- My Mums Craft Shop Challenge #7 (ends 05/31) – Favourite Colours
- Make It Monday #39 (ends 06/06) – Anything Goes
A peep at the inside
Such a fun image to colour
The lovely flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Designer papers: Graphic 45 and My Mind’s Eye
Lili of the Valley stamp “Birthday Bumps” and circular sentiment stamp “For You”
Spellbinders Nestabilities “Fleur De Lis Squares” and “Standard Circles Small”
Paper roses, rosebuds and cherry blossoms available from Wild Orchid Crafts
Tim Holtz distress ink “Spiced Marmalade”
Lyra-Rembrandt Aquarelle water-colour pencils
What a wonderful opportunity it was to showcase my cards during May on the WOC challenge blog and WOC inspiration blog. Through this I met new card making friends and got tremendous exposure. It was a lot of fun to create with all the lovely products from Wild Orchid Crafts. Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you find some inspiration from my card today.
Have a wonderful week .
Regards from South Africa,