My card today was inspired by the K and Company designer paper I had for a very long time in my stash. The dark blue and golden brown combination was so eye-catching that I searched through my tons of stamps to find an image to match the colours of the paper. Well, my choice was this adorable Penny Black kittens with the essential goodies for a “wow” birthday celebration … a greeting card (handmade for sure), bunch of flowers and a gift box. What more can a birthday girl ask for? For all my followers or even if you stumble upon my blog today by accident, if it’s your birthday today, this week or even during this month – have a wonderful day and year filled with happiness and love.
Oh, and I almost forgot, I had several followers who wanted to know where to buy the lace I use on my cards. Fortunately for me, from a haberdashery shop in Pretoria North, Gauteng, South Africa, named Habby Hyper. Unfortunately no online shop available … sorry, friends I can only refer you to Wild Orchid Crafts for online shopping regarding lace!
My card fits the following challenges:
- Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week #160 (ends 07/23) – Bunting
- Stamptacular Sundays Challenge #120 (ends 07/23) – Animal Antics
- Creative Card Crew (ends 08/02) – Animal Antics
- Fab ‘n Funky Challenge #82 (ends 07/27) – Animal Magic
- Southern Girls Challenge #23 (ends 07/28) – Happy Birthday!
- Make It Monday #46 (ends 07/25) – Create, Share, Inspire
- Penny Black at Allsorts July Challenge (ends 07/31) – Flower Power
- Craft Us Crazy Challenge #13 (ends 07/28) – Anything Goes
- Crafting for All Seasons Challenge #5 (ends 07/27) – Furry Friends
A close-up of the kittens
The inside, decorated with punched flowers
- White, blue and brown cardstock
- K and Company designer paper
- Penny Black stamp “The Essentials”
- Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Banner Basics One
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Ovals”, “Scalloped ovals” and “Scalloped circles”
- Flower punches
- Seam binding “Oloroso”
- Skwiglues “Gold”
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Tea Dye”
- Lyra-Rembrandt Aquarelle watercolour pencils
Thanks so much for visiting today and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,