Hello blog friends,
This week Debbie gave me the wonderful opportunity to be guest designer for The Shabby Tea Room Week 76. The theme of the challenge this week is ‘The Sweet Days of Summer’ – create a card or project inspired by the picture, featuring a handmade flower and the colours pink, peach, green and any neutral. The fabric roses on my card were made from abaca fabric and die cut with the Tim Holtz alterations die (large flower) and the Cuttlebug die “Quilled rose/carnation kit” (smaller flowers). The flowers and seam binding were dyed with Tim Holtz distress inks “Victorian velvet” and “Spiced marmalade” to achieve the pink and peach colours. To complete the flower arrangement I added small pink and peach vintage Forget-me-not flowers and satin leaves. The gorgeous designer paper is from Pink Paislee.
I enter my card in the following challenges:
- Fashionable Stamping Challenges #2 (ends 08/27) – Handmade Flowers
- Craft Us Crazy Challenge #15 (ends 08/ ) – Anything Goes
- Creative Card Crew Challenge (ends 08/30) – Handmade Flowers
- Cute Card Thursday Challenge #178 (ends 08/25) – Weddings
- My Mum’s Craft Shop Challenges #19 (ends 08/24) – Summer Time
- Inspire Me Fridays #20 (ends 08/26) – Link Party!
- Make It Monday #51 (ends 08/29) – Create, Share, Inspire.
- Heart Song Inspirations HSI#12 (ends 08/28) – Shabby Chic and/or Pearls
- The Outlawz Greetings Challenge (ends 08/29) – Anything Goes
- Victorine Originals Challenge #15 (ends 09/05) – Summer
The handmade flowers made from abaca fabric and dyed with Tim Holtz distress inks
The inside of the card
A close-up of the Tim Holtz stamp and seam binding bow
Pink Paislee designer paper “Botanical gardens”
Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp
Tim Holtz stamp “Artful Flight”
Tim Holtz Alterations die “Tattered Florals”
Cuttlebug die “Quilled rose/carnation kit”
Chipboard “sign post” embellishment
Abaca fabric for handmade flowers
Tim Holtz distress inks “Victorian Velvet” and “Spiced marmalade”
Vintage seam binding
Pearls for flowers
Forget-me-nots vintage flowers
Thanks for stopping by today and I always enjoy reading all your lovely comments. Have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,