Well, it is such a long time since I last created a card, time just flies this time of the year. Crafting time is scarce for me the past few weeks as I enrolled in a two month continuing education course in librarianship. Well, so far so good, although I think I have to work harder battling through all the assignments and lectures than my younger fellow students – you know it’s the age factor! Some of my followers emailed me asking if I am still well. I really appreciate your concern when noticing I am not active in blog land. This afternoon I decided to take a break from the studies and create this card in lilac colours. The colour choice is to celebrate Jacaranda time in Pretoria. The streets are covered in a purple carpet – a wonderful picture to guide us formally into summer. Oh, and what an introduction we had into summer the past few days, a heat wave with temperatures 38-41 degrees Celsius. The sun is making barbecue out of us.
About my card today – it was not created with a specific challenge in mind although I made use of some guidelines from a few challenge blogs. I hope I make the deadlines to enter my card. The stamp is from Lili of the Valley “Milly Hello” and I love the kitten peeping from behind little Milly. The chair reminds me of our kitchen chairs on the farm when I was a kid. I can still remember my feet swinging in the air when eating breakfast and then suddenly one day you are a grown-up and your feet can’t swing anymore. I would love to be a kid again!
- Lili of the Valley Challenge #117 (ends 10/27) – Bingo (Pins, Flowers and Embossing)
- Crafty Catz Challenge #104 (ends 10/28) – Happy Birthday
- Make it Monday #60 (ends 10/31) – Create, Share, Inspire
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge (ends 11/09) – Anything Goes
- Lollipop Crafts Challenge #54 (ends 10/31) – Embellish It! (Pins, Flowers, Lace, Ribbon)
- Deep Ocean Challenge #11 (ends 11/08) – Sweet
- Scrapbook Sisters Challenge #58 (ends 11/02) – Anything Goes
- Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC#177 (ends 11/02) – Embellish
- Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenge #89 (ends 10/28) – Layer upon Layer
- White and lilac cardstock
- K and Company designer paper
- Lili of the Valley stamp “Milly Hello”
- Whimsy circle postmark sentiment stamp
- Marianne Design Creatables die
- Sizzex embossing folder “Damask”
- Prima flower
- Seam binding “Lilac”
- Lyra-Rembrandt Aquarelle watercolour pencils
- Tim Holtz distress ink ” Dusty Concord”
Thanks for visiting again today and if it is a first time for you I hope you enjoy what you see. Your comments are so much appreciated and it brings me much happiness. Enjoy your crafting and the rest of the week.
As always, greetings from South Africa,