Today is my last day of summer holiday and I am truly going to miss all the time I had for crafting the past three weeks. Creating this card today I realised that I had already broken one of my New Year resolutions. Last year I tried to master the clean and simple card making style but gave up after a few efforts. At the end of 2011 I decided it is not for me, I am over and done with clean and simple. I am a detail junkie and there is no remedy. After I saw the lovely CAS cards at Mandy and Chrissie’s blog “Less is More – Predominantly Purple” on Saturday morning I was tempted to try again. Unfortunately I don’t have many stamps to accommodate this style at the moment so I created the card with die cuts. It took me about three hours to figure out what I am going to do with so little elements for a card ( in comparison with what I usually worked with … LOL) but at the end it was lots of fun putting the card together. Here is my card (please don’t laugh) I am in a learning curve with this!
- Less is More Week 49 (ends 01/14) – Predominantly Purple.
- Fabulous Friday Challenge (ends 01/13) – Cardstock only, no designer paper
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge (ends 01/10) – All Your Own Work
- Three shades of purple cardstock
- JeArt Craft paper die “Mushroom” 1401032
- Cuttlebug “Friends Forever” die for sentiment
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades embossing folder “Swirls”
- Lilac pearls
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Dusty Concord”
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your visits so much. Will be back later this week with one of my familiar type of cards. Have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,