I am still struggling with clean and simple cards but decided not to give up so easily this time. This week the challenge at Less is More is the theme “Cut It Out”. Mandi and Chrissie would like to see some kind of hole or aperture in the card. I decided on a shoe template to cut the aperture on the card blank and then used polka dot designer paper as my background layer. For a little bit of glamour and glitz I added a red paper rose topped with crystal glitter. The sentiment is from Just Rite. Well, hopefully sometime in future my clean and simple cards will be as stunning as the cards entered in the Less is More challenge, I would love to make cards as elegant and stylish as the LIMettes.
- Less is More Challenge Week 51 (ends 01/28) – Theme: Cut it Out
- Birthday Sundaes Challenge #40 (ends 01/29) – Birthday card with sentiment on front
- Charisma Cardz Challenge #2 (ends 01/26) – Clean and Simple
- Pixie Dust Studio Challenge (ends 01/26) – We’re Going Dotty!
The polka dot layer on the inside
A close-up of the shoe and sentiment
- White cardstock
- Polka Dot designer paper
- Shoe template from “Simply Cards and Papercraft” magazine
- JustRite “All Occasion Nested Sentiments”
- Red paper rose
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
I hope you like my take on the challenges. Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,