Hello blog friends,
This week just flies and for me this weekend is the last of my holiday – Monday it’s back to work. Oh, I am going to miss these lazy days filled with crafting, reading and fun things to do. But for today we have a fun new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow . The theme for the challenge is winter white although the focal image can have some colour. The only restriction is that your project must be made in a vintage, shabby chic or primitive inspired style. I love working with lots of colours on my cards and was really in the deep end with this challenge as I have never made an all white card. To make the banner pop on the white embossed background I used several layers of die cuts, lace, gemstones and pearls. Hope you like my take on the challenge.
I also submitted my card in the following challenges:
- The Crazy Challenge #136 (ends 01/21) – Without Design Paper
- Make My Monday Challenge (ends 01/14) – Dry Embossing
- The Cheerful Stamp Pad Challenge #51 (ends 01/21) – White as Snow
- Loves Rubberstamps Challenge #34 (ends 01/15) – Use Dies or Punches (Used a JustRite rubberstamp for sentiment)
- Card Makin’ Mamas Challenge (ends 01/21) – Anything Goes
- Totally Papercrafts Challenge #149 (ends 01/18) – Ribbon
- Allsorts Challenge #189 (ends 01/19) – Dies and Punches
- Creative Moments Bloggers Network #8 (ends 01/16) – Monochrome/Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenge #144 (ends 01/14) – Vintage or Shabby Chic
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge (ends 01/12) – Anything Goes
- Pin and Tack Challenges #5 (ends 01/31) – Anything Goes
- Paper Crafting Journey Challenge (ends 01/24) – Anything Goes
- ATC and Cards With Attitude Challenge #31 (ends 01/25) – Add a Tag/Sentiment/Anything Goes
A close-up of the banner
A peep at the inside decorated with rose leaves
Front view of the envelobox for the card. The depth of the box is 180 mm so that the layered card can easily fit into the box.
- White cardstock
- Go Kreate die XXL Square Frames “Frilly #1” (No. 360021)
- Sizzix Sizzlits die “Banners and Keys Set”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities die “Fancy Tags Two”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Foliage”
- Spellbinders M-Bossabilities “Splendid”
- JustRite sentiment stamp “All Occasion Nested Sentiments”
- Hug Snug seam binding “Winter White”
- Crafter’s Companion Envelobox Creator to make envelobox for card
I would love to see your card or project at the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge this week. The design team ladies made stunning white on white cards this week with lots of inspiration.
Thanks for visiting today. Have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,