I am back with a card for the new Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge that starts today. This week the theme is to use metal on your project. We want your vintage or shabby chic cards or other paper-crafted projects to feature a charm or any metal embellishment on it. I decided to use a butterfly stamp for my main image and added a metal butterfly and bronze chain as embellishments. The image is stamped on watercolor paper and I added only a few blotches of color with Lyra-Rembrandt Aquarelle pencils to create a weathered vintage look. The butterfly stamp is a South African design from SiDesigns by Amanda and the sentiment is from the Whimsy “Vintage Birthday Tabs” collection.
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
- Anything Goes Challenge #386 (ends 02/26) – Vintage / Shabby Chic
- Allsorts Challenge #194 (ends 02/23) – Things With Wings
- Paperminutes Challenge #256 (ends 02/ ) – Butterflies in Springtime
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge #89 (ends 02) – They Say It’s Your Birthday!
- Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #50 (ends 02/26) – Hearts and /or Things With Wings
- Stampin’ for the Weekend (ends 03/01) – Distressing
- Delightful Challenges (ends 02/20) – Frilly (Scallops and Lace)
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Ramblings Challenge #66 (ends 02/26) – Spring Colors & Ribbon.
- Card Makin Mamas Challenge (ends 03/01) – Birthday
- Unique Crafters February Challenge (ends 03/05) – Lace and/or Fabric
The stamped butterfly image
The metal butterfly
A peep at the inside
- Cream cardstock
- Prima designer paper “Botanical”
- Watercolor paper
- SiDesigns by Amanda (South Africa) clear stamp “Si942”
- Whimsy sentiment stamp “Vintage Birthday Tabs”
- Hug Snug seam binding “Cream ” (dyed with Milled lavender distress ink)
- Paper roses
- Bronze chain
- Bronze butterfly
- Lyra-Rembrandt aquarelle pencils for coloring
- Tim Holtz Distress ink “Milled Lavender”
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoy what you see. Come and play with us at the Sugar Creek Hollow “Use Metal” Challenge this week, we will love to see your creation. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
As always regards from South Africa,