Hello dear blog friends,
This week is photo inspiration time at Sugar Creek Holllow. The challenge is to use the elements or the colours or both in the photo to create a vintage, shabby or primitive project. I really like the intense colours of purple, green and blue although I had to dig deep in my stash to find the right match. For the first time I also used a vintage colourized photo on my card. This lovely lady is from Magic Moonlight Free Images. I added glitter to the flower wreath in her hair and on the brooch to let it pop. Hope you like my take on the photo inspiration challenge. The Design Team would love to see your creative project this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge #40 (ends 03/14) – Anything Goes with Ribbon
- Creative Card Crew #31 (ends 03/19) – Ribbon
- Creative Craft Challenges2 #5 (ends 03/19) – Mother’s Day
- Through The Craftroom Door 5-11 March (ends 03/11) – Anything Goes
- Creative Creations Challenge #5 (ends 03/11) – Just For Mum
- Card Crafter’s Circle Challenge #65 (ends 03/15) – Vintage Flair
- The Ribbon Reel Challenge #48 (ends 03/18) – Romantic Elegance (Inspiration Photo with flowers and Ribbon)
Close-up of the Magic Moonlight colorized photo. I added some glitter to the flower wreath and brooch.
The flowers and feather inspired by the photo
A peep from the side
The inside with the lace and Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp
- Cream and purple cardstock
- Designer paper from K and Company
- Vintage colourized photo from Magic Moonlight Free Images.
- Martha Stewart border punch “Doily Lace”
- Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp “Circular Sentiments – For You”
- Paper doily
- Prima flowers “Guava Peony Waltz” and “Fairytale Roses Teal”
- Silk flower
- Hug Snug seam binding dyed with Tim Holtz distress ink “Dusty Concord”
- Skwiglues “
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Antique Linen” and “Dusty Concord”
Thanks for visiting me today, I appreciate your comments and visits so much. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,