Hello blog friends,
Another hectic week is something of the past – time just flies or is it just me struggling to keep up! I am so glad it is Saturday so that I have the time to communicate with my blog friends again. Thanks for your visits the past week and all the kind comments that you left for me. I appreciate each one so much. Saturday is also the beginning of a new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. This week we want to see your easter cards with a vintage image. For my card I used a vintage angels image from Bumble Button Antique and Vintage Graphics. The innocent faces of the little angels were so beautiful – it just complimented the sentiment so well. The sentiment letters were cut with a Sizzix Sizzlits decorative strip die “Cute as a Button Alphabet”. I chose this word as sentiment because this is what Easter means to me. I also used a new Spellbinders Borderabilities die “A2 Curved Borders One” for the decorative edge on the card. The tassels were for ages in my stash and I was delighted to see it matches so well with the angel wings and colours of the image. Hope to see your vintage or shabby card at the Sugar Creek Hollow Easter Challenge this week.
- Simply Create Too Challenge #33 (ends 03/28) – Easter [or Bunnies]
- Live and Love Crafts Inspiration and Challenge #9 (ends 03/31) – Easter
- Word Art Wednesday Challenge #71 (ends 03/20) – Anything Goes
- DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #105 (ends 03/31) – Easter
- Sincerely Yours Creations Challenge #3 (ends 03/28) – Easter
- Crafts and Me Challenge #124 (ends 03/20) – Ribbons and Lace
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #84 (ends 03/21) – Flowers (Embellishment)
- Fab ‘n’ funky Challenge #162 (ends 03/20) – Add A Sentiment
The sentiment cut with a Sizzlits decorative strip die and distressed with Tim Holtz distress ink “Tea dye” The embossed strip was done with the Sizzix “Birds and Lace” Textured Impressions set.
The cherry blossoms, ribbon and tassels
A peep at the inside
- White, cream and aqua cardstock
- Vintage image from Bumble Button Antique and Vintage Graphics
- Spellbinders Borderabilities “A2 Curved Borders One”
- Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip die “Cute as a Button Alphabet”
- Sizzix Textured Impressions “Birds and Lace Set”
- Hug Snug seam binding ” Paradise Aqua”
- Cream cherry blossoms
- Tim Holtz Distress ink “Tea Dye”
I am so glad for your visit today and hope you enjoy what you see. Have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,