Hello blog friends,
I am back with another guest designer project for UnstampaBelles April Challenge today. The theme this month is to create “Anything but a Card”. As this is a “no stamps” challenge blog you can use chipboard, die cuts, paper punches, canvases, stickers, rub-ons, etc. I really enjoy doing challenges that stretches one’s creativity beyond the ordinary. Thanks so much Merry and the Unstampabelles design team for the chance to submit a project to your lovely inspirational blog. The UnstampaBelles April Challenge is sponsored by Sticker Store and there is a lovely prize to be won. You can see all the details and beautiful inspirational projects of the design team on the UnstampaBelles Challenge blog.
I decided to make a tag with two adorable chipboard cat silhouettes – I love those curly tails!. I punched the top and bottom of the tag with a Martha Stewart deep edge punch ” Scroll Hearts” and add two oval die cut layers “Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Petite Scalloped Ovals Small” to frame the cats. The flowers are from the Prima range “Soubrette C” and “Charme Rose MeadowLark” The cats are painted with gesso and dressed up with pink wax cord bows. The verso of the tag is also embellished with a pink heart and an oval die cut to accommodate a short handwritten message for the recipient/s. I think this tag will be great on an engagement, anniversary or wedding gift bag or box.
I also entered my tag in the following challenges:
- Hiding in my Craftroom Challenge HIMCR#91 (ends 04/05) – Freestyle!
- Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #26 (ends 04/07) – Cute
- My Sheri Crafts Challenge #107 (ends 04/13) – Spring has Sprung
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge #42 (ends 04/ 10) – Anything Goes with Ribbon
- Simply Create Too Challenge #34 (ends 04/11) – Animals
- MilkCoffee Challenge (ends 04/11) – Anything But Square
- DL. ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #106 (ends 04/09) – Spring
- Paper Crafting Journey Challenge (ends 04/04) – Ribbon or Lace
A close up of the bow, pearl heart and flowers on the top half
The cat silhouettes painted with gesso and dresses up with pink bows
A close up of the bottom of the tag with Prima flowers and punched edge. The flowers are dashed with gesso for the shabby look.
The verso of the tag with pink heart and an oval for a short message
- White and pink cardstock for card base and oval die cuts
- Prima designer paper “Meadow Lark” for background
- Chipboard cat silhouettes
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Petite Scalloped Ovals Small “, Floral Ovals” and “Classic Hearts”
- Martha Stewart deep edge punch “Scroll Hearts”
- Prima flowers “Soubrette C” and “Charme Rose – Meadow Lark”
- Dala acrylic gesso
- Wax cord
- Hug Snug seam binding “Pink Tulip”
- Pearl heart
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Victorian Velvet”
A really busy weekend with the guest designer projects but I enjoyed every moment of making and sharing them on my blog. Thanks so much for your time visiting today – I appreciate and cherish every visit and comment so much. Enjoy your day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,