Hello dear blog friends,
This week we have another fun challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. The theme is to create a vintage, shabby or primitive card or paper craft project with both numbers and letters. For me this was a chance to challenge myself with a male card as I always refrain doing these type of cards. I love flowers, lace and dainty embellishments and doing something bold didn’t come easy. The beautiful background paper from 7Gypsies and already printed with script, makes the task easier to meet the theme. I cut the Spellbinders Retro Mod Clock from Tim Holtz Core’dinations Core Color Cardstock and sanded it for a weathered look. To give the clock a little more depth I embellished it further with bronze chain and gold number stickers. The sentiment stamp is a favorite and from Inkadinkado.
We also say goodbye to two of our designers, Patti Painter and Heather Hudson. Their beautiful creations will be missed each week. We have three new designers joining our team next week. They are Sherry Hickey, Cathi O’Neill and Moz Roberts. We are looking forward to see their lovely cards on the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog. More news is that beginning next week, May 4th, our challenges will be running every two weeks so you have more time to show us your creations.
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges as well:
- Cards For Men Challenge #8 (ends 04/29) – Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap Challenge #4 (ends 04/29) – Cut It Out!
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #16 (ends 04/27) – Anything Goes/Color Twist
- Card Crafter’s Circle Challenge #72 (ends 05/03) – Boys To Men
- Paper Crafting Journey Challenge (ends 05/02) – Use A Sentiment
- Cards Galore April Challenge (ends 04/28) – Vintage
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #87 (ends 05/02) – Vintage
The gorgeous sentiment from Inkadinkado
The hanging sign cut from the 7Gypsies design paper and attached to the button with a bronze chain
A peep at the inside decorated with a mini postage sentiment stamp from Whimsy
- White and black cardstock
- Tim Holtz Core’dinations CorColor cardstock
- 7Gypsies designer paper “Abundance”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Retro Mod Clocks”
- Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers die “Mini Old Jalopy & Arrow Set”
- Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlits die “Typeset Alphabet”
- Inkadinkado clear mini stamp distinguished Gentleman” 60-30829
- Whimsy stamps “Adventure mini postage stamp”
- Burlap ribbon
- Wax cord
- Gold number stickers
- Bronze chain
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
Thanks for visiting today, I appreciate your visits and comments so much. I can’t wait to see your cards with numbers and letters at the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge this week. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,