I’m here to share with you my newest card for the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge starting this week. Our theme is Father’s Day and we want to see cards in the vintage or shabby style. Father’s day is just around the corner and what a wonderful opportunity to create something special for him. We also have a guest designer who join us for this challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. She is Ragnhild Øren and you can see more of her beautiful work here.
For my card I decided on a chipboard penny farthing bicycle. I decorated the wheel with a large gold button and was I surprised by the outcome. This bulky embellishment gave a sort of Moroccan feeling to the card which I love with the warm autumn colours. I mounted the penny farthing on a mini clipboard die cut from Tim Holtz and attached Tim Holtz tattered banners to the rear of the bicycle. For the background I used a Tim Holtz weathered clock die cut and a strip of May Arts netting.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- Creative Craft Challenges #11 (ends 06/11) – For The Fellas
- C.R.A.F.T Challenge #209 (ends 06/06) – Father’s Day / Male
- Crafts For Eternity Challenge Recipe Challenge #R126 (ends 06/ ) – The Same Letter (Bicycle, Buttons and Black)
- Delightful Challenges (ends 06/06) – For Dad
- Paper Crafting Journey Challenge (ends 06/13) – Masculine Cards
- Crafty Creations Challenge #224 (ends 06/05) – Super Hero
- Creative Moments Challenge #18 (ends 06/12) – Lots of Layers
- Creative Corner Challenges #21 ( ends 06/06) – Boy oh Boy
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #21 (ends 06/02) – Anything Goes
- The Crafting Cafe June Challenge (ends 06/30) – One For The Boys
- Country View Craft June Challenge #4 (ends 06/30) – Die Cuts
- Really Reasonable Ribbon’s Ramblings Challenge #73 (ends 06/12) – Masculine with Ribbon or Trim
- Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenge #169 (ends 06/07) – Anything Goes
- Clearly iStamps Challenge (ends 06/07) – Father’s Day
A close-up of the sentiment
The penny farthing on the mini clipboard. The front wheel is embellished with a gold button.
A peep at the inside decorated with a mini clipboard and flourish.
- Kraft, cream and black cardstock
- Designer paper from My Mind’s Eye “Kraft.funday” and Glitz “French Kiss”
- Enmarc chipboard penny farthing die cut
- JustRite sentiment stamp from “Heart to Heart” set
- Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers die “Mini clipboard Top & Bottom”
- Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die “Weathered clock”
- Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlits Decorative strip dies ” Tattered banners” and “Typeset Alphabet”
- Cuttlebug corner die
- Wax cord
- May Arts champagne netting
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
Thanks for visiting today, I appreciate it so much. Happy crafting and have a wonderful day. Hope you will join us this fortnight at Sugar Creek Hollow Father’s Day Challenge.
Regards from South Africa,