Thank you for stopping by today, I always appreciate your visits so much.
Two weeks just flew and we have a new challenge starting today at Sugar Creek Hollow. This fortnight the theme is “Romance” and you have to use ribbon on your creation. Please remember that your creation must be in the vintage or shabby chic style. There is also a lovely prize for the random winner of this challenge. The Really Reasonable Ribbon shop sponsors a $15 gift certificate to their store – such a fantastic prize.
My card is in a Victorian shabby chic style with a lovely image from Janet K Design. I added a chandelier die cut embellished with gemstones, two vintage corners and a cherub on a little lace heart to accentuate the Victorian feel of the image. I made the pink drape with May Arts wrinkled ribbon which you can buy from Really Reasonable Ribbon online store. I love this ribbon as it is much cheaper than silk ribbon, has a lovely shine and shapes very well. Hope you can join the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge this time with a romantic creation.
Challenges I would like to enter:
- Bloggers Challenge (ends 10/11) – Love is in the Air
- In The Pink Challenge #29 (10/17) – Luscious Lace
- Moving Along With The Times (ends 10/10) – Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz Challenge #201 (ends 10/11) – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #27 (ends 10/11) – Anything Goes, Cards only
- Fab ‘n’ Funky Challenge #187 (ends 10/09) – Ribbon
- 4 Krafty Girlz Challenge #3 (ends 10/18) – Anything Goes
- The Hobby House Challenge #5 (ends 10/30) – Roses
- Shopping Our Stash #121 (ends 10/08) – Pink or cancer awareness or support.
The cherub, lace heart and flowers
A close up of the Victorian couple from Janet K Design.
The graceful chandelier embellished with gem stones hanging from the May Arts wrinkled ribbon drape
A peep at the inside with a Whimsy sentiment stamp
- White cardstock
- Docrafts Papermania designer paper “Vintage notes'”
- Janet K Design vintage image
- Memory Box die “Graceful Chandelier”
- Whimsy Birthday postage sentiment stamp for inside
- Olba punch for leaves
- May Arts wrinkled ribbon
- Vintage metal corners
- Paper roses
- Lace heart
- Cherub embellishment
- Gem stones
- Vintage lace
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
The other ladies on the design team made stunning cards, so for more inspiration a visit to Sugar Creek Hollow will be worthwhile. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,