Hello blog friends,
Thanks for stopping by, I am so glad you are here. It is time for a new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow today and the theme for this fortnight is one of my favourites, Birds of a Feather. For this challenge we want to see birds and nests featuring on your cards or any other paper crafting project. Please remember your creation must be in the vintage or shabby chic style to qualify for the prize or guest designer spot.
It took me hours to search through the many vintage images in my folder (they are all so pretty!) and to make a decision on which one to use. The little blue birds from Bumble Button stole my heart and as there was no nest on this image I decided to do a bit of stamping too. The nest is from a Hot off the Press stamp set “Sweet Tweets” and to give dimension to the eggs I used glossy accents from Ranger. The beautiful lace is from The Vintage Suitcase.
A visit to Sugar Creek Hollow will be worthwhile for more inspiration to join us for this challenge. We also have a guest designer Anne Marie Governale and you can see her beautiful creations at her blog My Eclectic Spirit .
- 365 Cards Challenge Day 287 (ends 10/20) – Vintage with Lace
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge #66 (ends 10/24) – Anything Goes with Ribbon
- Creative Moments Challenge #28 (ends 10/30 ) – Anything Goes/Use some Lace
- A Little Bit Crafty October Challenge (ends 10/29) – A Little Bit Shabby
- Natalie and Amy’s Challenge #13 (ends 10/29) – Shabby Chic
- Live and Love Crafts Challenge #16 (ends 10/31) – Use Pink
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #102 (ends 10/28) – Shabby Chic
- Southern Girls Challenge (ends 11/01) – Shine On (I used glitter)
- Craft-Room Challenge (ends 11/29) – Our Feathered Friends
- Allsorts Challenge Week #229 (ends 10/25) – Ribbons and Bows
The pretty bird picture
The stamped bird nest with eggs
A peep at the inside decorated with lace and a sentiment
A close-up of the sentiment
- Cream cardstock
- Designer paper from Prima “Delight” and FabScraps “Legends Harequin”
- Image from Bumble Button
- Bird nest stamp from Hot of the Press clear stamp set “Sweet Tweets”
- Sentiment stamp from JustRite stamp set “Heart to Heart”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Card Creator “Detailed Scallops”
- Pearl hearts
- Prima flowers “Tea Roses Santa Rosa” and “Fairytale Roses Baby Pink”
- Velvet Fotget-me-nots
- Hug Snug seam binding “Cameo beige”
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Tattered Rose”
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
Thank you so much for all your support and lovely comments – I appreciate them so much. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,