Hope you are all well and I am so glad you are here. It is time for a new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow today. As February is the month of love the challenge is to create a card or paper-crafted project for Valentine’s day, or for an anniversary or wedding. We would love to see your entries but they must be either vintage or shabby chic (or a combination of both).
For my Valentine’s card I used a cupid image from Back Porch Graphics. The colours of the image matches the moss-green gingham paper so well it was so easy to put the rest of the card together. I framed the image in a chipboard oval die cut for a little bit of depth on the card. For a vintage look the scalloped oval is painted with Tim Holtz distress paint to form little cracks. I added vintage lace, red paper roses, pearls and two little heart-shaped gemstones for embellishments. The sentiment stamp is from a Penny Black stamp set “Raindrops and Kisses”. Hope to see your card at the Sugar Creek Hollow “Love and Adore” challenge this fortnight.
- 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #179 (ends 02/06) – Anything Goes
- Divas by Design Challenge (ends 02/05) – Vintage With Lace
- City Crafter Challenge #196 (ends 02/03) – Love Story
- C.R.A.F.T Challenge #244 (ends 02/06) – Love/Valentines
- Creative Moments Challenge #35 (ends 02/12) – Anything Goes / Add Some Sparkle
- A Creative Romance (ends 02/14) – Show Us Some Love
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #106 (ends 02/07) – Vintage
- Live and Love Crafts’ February Challenge #20 (ends 02/28) – Love N’ Lace
- Allsorts Challenge Week #244 (ends 02/07) – Love is in the Air
The cupid image from Back Porch Graphics. I love the little winged hearts
The sentiment and heart-shaped gemstones
A close-up of the roses
The vintage lace. I took a little bit of time to cut out.
A peep at the inside
- Cream and red cardstock
- Green gingham paper “Hazy Days”
- Cupid image from Back Porch Graphics
- Penny Black sentiment stamp “Raindrops & Kisses”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Ovals”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Lace Hearts” (Corner die)
- Chipboard frame
- Vintage lace
- Wax cord
- Heart shaped gemstones
- Paper roses from Wild Orchid Crafts
- Tim Holtz distress paint “Picket Fence”
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
Thank you so much for all your support and lovely comments – I appreciate them so much. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,