I am here today with my designer card for the new fortnightly challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow with the theme “Dreaming of the Beach”. For this challenge we want you to think of the seaside or the beach when you create your vintage or shabby chic card or other paper-crafted project. This week Marie Svensson is our guest designer and you can see more of her lovely vintage creations on her blog Primia.
As we are in the midst of summer in South Africa the beach is definitely the place to be during our hot summer days. I used a stamp from Joanna Sheen “Kite” from the Faye Whittaker All Our Yesterdays range. As this is a large stamp and I want the card to be masculine I kept the layout and design very simple. The image was coloured with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Lyra-Rembrandt aquarelle pencils. The layering was done with designer papers and a piece of frayed burlap. A few buttons from my old buttons tin completed the card.
- Word Art Wednesdays Challenge #119 (ends 02/19) – Anything Goes (with an encouraging or uplifting sentiment)
- Vintage Stamping Challenges #17 (ends 03/02) – It’s A Man Thing
- Twisted Tuesday Challenges #2TC69 (ends 02/18) – Look! Up in the Sky!
- Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #82 (02/19) – Make Your Mark (Spectrum Noir markers and Lyra-Rembrandt aquarelle pencils)
- A Little Bit Crafty February Challenge (Paula Holifield Crafts) (ends 02/28) – Man Up!
- Crafty Cardmakers and More #109 (ends 02/16) – This is A Man’s World
- Sister Act Card Challenge #44 (ends 02/21) – Anything Goes
- My Sheri Crafts Challenge #127 (ends 02/22) – Vintage Guy card
- Craft All Day Challenge #3 (ends 02/28) – Male Cards
A close-up of the image
The buttons and bows
The sentiment stamped with white embossing powder
A peep at the inside
- White and dark brown cardstock
- Designer paper from “K and Company” and “Scrapsheets”
- Joanna Sheen stamp (Faye Whittaker All Our Yesterdays range) “Kite FW905”
- Whimsy sentiment stamp “Birthday Letter Seals” (10205)
- Wax cord
- Lyra-Rembrandt aquarelle pencils
- Crafter’s Companion Spectrum Noir markers
- White embossing powder
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
- Stickles “Platinum”
Thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comments. Enjoy your day and happy crafting till next time.
Regards from South Africa,