Hello blog friends,
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw on my calendar that today is the start of a new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow.The days passed so quickly, sometimes I just wish I can slow down the time a little bit. The challenge for the coming two weeks is to use the inspiration picture to create your project. You can either use the colours or the theme of the picture. The only limitation is that your project must be made in a vintage or shabby chic style or a combination of both.
For my card I choose to work with the colors in the inspiration photo. The image of the girl and her dog is from TuckDB Postcards and the flowers on her hat capture some of the colours in the photo. I framed the image in a green oval die cut and used some flowers from the Petaloo Botanica collection. The banner is a die cut from Joanna Sheen Signature range and the sentiment from Prima “Delight” chipboard pieces. I am always struggling with inspiration pictures so I hope I really captured some elements of the photo in my card. Hope you can join us this fortnight at Sugar Creek Hollow, we would love to see your creation using the photo as inspiration
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge #9 (ends 03/17) – Anything Goes/Favourite Colors
- House of Cards March Challenge #1 (ends 03/17) – Shabby/Vintage and Add a Button
- Craftitude Challenge #60 (ends 03/21) – Anything Goes or Add A Little Green
- Crafty Hands Challenge #10 (ends 03/28) – Buttons and Bows
- Aud Sentiments Challenge #102 (ends 03/27) – Anything Goes With A Sentiment
- Crafter’s Cafe Challenge #54 (ends 03/19) – Flowers
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge #80 (ends 03/20) – Ribbons A Bows
- Through The Purple Haze #32 (ends 03/17) – Anything Digital (Digital image from TuckDB)
The image from TuckDB Postcards
A close-up of the bunting. Love the little hearts!
The chipboard sentiment and flowers from Petaloo
A peep at the inside embellished with lace and a little heart.
- White, pink and green cardstock
- Prima designer paper “Tea-Thyme”
- TuckDB Postcards image
- Prima chipboard sentiment “Delight”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Elements “Floral Ovals”
- Joanna Sheen Signature die “Bunting” (SD064)
- Petaloo Botanica Collection” Faux dried minis”
- Blue wax cord
- Hug Snug seam binding “Iced Lime”
- Tim Holtz distress inks “Victorian Velvet” and “Peeled Paint”
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
Thanks for visiting today and looking at my card. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,