Today is the start of a new Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge and we have a wonderful sponsor this fortnight, the A Day for Daisies digital shop. The theme is fairies or angels (no birds or butterflies) and your projects must be in a vintage or shabby style. Your project can be a card or any other paper crafting item, such as a scrapbook layout, box, tag, etc. The prize for one lucky participant is a $12 gift certificate to the A Day for Daisies shop – this is the equivalent of 3 images. What a wonderful opportunity to get some of Tammy’s beautiful images.
I chose the image “Graceful Fairy of Flowers” to use on my card. I really like ADFD beautiful images, they just speak to my style. The fairy was coloured with my water-colour pencils, fussy cut and then assembled on my card. The background for the fairy was created with Marianne Design Craftables lattice fence die and ivy corner die. I add several layers of the ivy to the corners. To add a magical touch I randomly glued some pearls to the card and some glitter on her dress. The sentiment is from Whimsy stamps.
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #113 (ends 05/15) – Spring Colours
- Creative Moments Challenge #42 (ends 05/ ) – Anything Goes / Bingo (Flower, sentiment, More than 2 layers or Flowers, Die cut, Ribbon/Bow)
- My Sheri Crafts Challenge #133 (ends 05/17) – April Showers Brings May Flowers (At least 3 Flowers on project)
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #94 (ends 05/12) – Bright Summer Colours With Ribbon
- A Little Bit Crafty (ends 05/31) – Flower Power
- Dies R Us Challenge #1 (ends 05/13) – Anything Goes (Mariannne Design Craftables “Ivy corners” (CR1253) ; Marianne Design Craftables “Lattice fence” (CR1262) ; Spellbinders Nestabilities “Lacey Circles”)
- Open-Minded Crafting Challenges #10 (ends05/24) – Use Some Ribbon
- Suzy Bee’ Bloomin’ Challenge #28 (ends 05/16) – Flowers
A close-up of the fairy
The Whimsy sentiment stamped on a Spellbinders nestabilities “Lacey circle”
The flowers and lattice fence
A peep at the inside
- White and green cardstock
- Prima Designer Paper “Princess”
- A Day for Daisies digital image “Graceful Fairy of Flowers”
- Whimsy sentiment stamp “Magical Mini Letter Seals”
- Mariannne Design Craftables “Ivy corners” (CR1253)
- Marianne Design Craftables “Lattice fence” (CR1262)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Lacey Circles”
- Lyra Rembrandt Aquarelle water-colour pencils for coloring
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Peeled paint” and “Bundled sage”
- Prima and Petaloo flowers
- Hug Snug seam binding “Winter White”
- Skwiglues glitter “Crystal”
Thank you for visiting today. I hope you enjoy what you see and I would love to know what you think of my card. Remember to enter the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge and maybe you could be the winner of the fabulous prize.
Today is also my birthday, so I am leaving now for my “fairy” happy birthday party with family and friends. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,