Today I am sharing my first CAS card for 2015 – yeah, hold on to your chairs as this is not usually my style! Sometimes it is good for me to just try something different from time to time. I decided to dig out my watercolor set and to create a clean and simple card. The chloe stems reminds me of fireworks going up in the air , so I layered them on the watercolor background of orange and yellow. For a bit of sparkle I added orange gemstones. Maybe I need much more practice with the watercolor effect – I tried a few more cards with different die cut and colors which I am also sharing. I always admire all the lovely CAS cards and hopefully I can gain more confidence in creating them in future.
I would also like to enter my card in the following challenges:
- Make My Monday Challenge (ends 01/12) – New Beginnings
- Top Tip Tuesday Challenge (ends 01/20) – Keep It Simple
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #67 (ends 01/13) – Anything Goes with a Twist Add Orange
- Crazy 4 Challenges #C4C267 (ends 01/10) – Clean and Simple
- Scrapy Land Challenge #9 (ends 01/18) – Anything Goes using any brand of die Scrapy Land sells (Memory Box die “Chloe Stem” No 98321)
- Cuttlebug Mania Challenge (ends 01/20) – It Takes Two … (Memory Box die “Chloe Stem” No 98321)
- White cardstock and Amedeo watercolor paper
- Reeves watercolor paint
- Memory Box die “Chloe Stem” No 98321
- JustRite sentiment stamp set “All Occasion Nested Sentiments”
- Orange gemstones
- VersaMagic Archival ink pad “Midnight Black”
Here are a couple more cards I tried with my watercolors. I love the shades of blue on this one. The butterfly die cut is from Cheery Lynn.
The muted autumn colors are great for a “sunset” feel for the silhouette birds. The “Birds on a Wire” die is from Spellbinders In’Spire.
For this card I used splashes of pink and a Marianne Design Creatables flower die cut.
Thank you for visiting and looking at my cards. I hope next time I show more improvement on the clean and simple style of card making! Have a wonderful day.