Hello blog friends,
It is a lovely day in South Africa although it is still winter and chilly. I am looking forward to springtime and therefore it was such fun to create my card with a spring flower for the new challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. This fortnight’s challenge is called “Peaches and Cream” accompanied by a lovely photo for inspiration. Our sponsor this fortnight is Crafty Secrets and you could win a fabulous prize! For more details about the challenge, inspirational creations from the design team and the Crafty Secrets prize visit The Shabby Tea Room and please join in the fun. We would love to see your creation for this challenge.
I chose a beautiful gerberia daisy image and sentiment from the “Fairy Wishes” digital stamp set kindly sponsored by Crafty Secrets. I used watercolor pencils to color the image in bright orange and yellow. It was then layered on Spellbinders die cuts “Antique Corner”. I added two butterflies, some pearls, a heart embellishment and a bow to complete the card. Hope you like my take on the challenge – I really struggled to put this card together as this is not colors I usually work with!
- Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge R#237 (08/07) – Anything Goes
- Crafting With Friends Challenge #3 (ends 08/14) – Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too Challenge #91 (ends 08/14) – Anything Goes
- Simply Papercraft Challenges #10 (ends 08/14) – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenges #117 (ends 08/07) – Anything Goes
- Sisters of Craft August Challenge (ends 08/31) – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #135 (ends 08/09) – Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Monthly Challenge #2 (August) (ends 08/27) – Anything Goes
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge #96 (ends 08/14) – A Flower in Your Image
A close-up of the gerberia daisy
- Cream and orange card stock
- Crafty Secrets digital stamp set “Fairy Wishes”
- Spellbinders die D-Lites “Antique Corner”
- Spellbinders Nestabilities “Standard Circles Small”
- Crealies dies “Butterflies”
- Hug Snug seam binding “Cream”
- Derwent Inktense water-color pencils
Have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting – I appreciate your comments so much.