I hope you are all doing well. Today’s post is about the new challenge at The Shabby Tea Room with the theme “Colors and Patterns”. You can create a card or project inspired by the photo on The Shabby Tea Room blog. Our sponsor is My Artistic Adventures and you may be the winner of a $18 voucher at Heather’s Etsy shop!
One of the many things I love are autumn colors – the browns, oranges, reds and yellows are so warm and earthy. I chose a beautiful vintage Thanksgiving autumn collage sheet from My Artistic Adventures to create my card. The lovely papers were embellished with a vintage birdcage, leaves, lace and a few sequins. The leaves are die cut with and Impression Obsession die and colored with distress inks to match the colors of the background papers.The birdcage is from Cottage Cutz “Fancy Ornate Birdcage” and one of my favorite dies. Although it is summer in my part of the world I hope you’re all enjoying a beautiful fall in the Northern Hemisphere.
Challenges I entered:
- Crafty Catz Challenge #297 (ends 10/23) – Anything Goes
- Crafting With A Attitude Challenge #8 (ends 10/31) – Anything Goes
- Frilly and Funky Challenges (ends 10/21) – Autumn Splendor
- The Crafty Addicts Challenge #3 (ends 10/31) – Autumn color pallet and as always Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft Challenge #306 (ends 10/24) – Autumnal Colors
- Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge #102 (ends 10/24) – Anything Goes with a Twist … Autumn Colors
- Use Your Stuff Challenges #196 (10/26) – Thankful
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #144 (ends 10/25) – Anything Goes
A close-up of the fancy birdcage
The leaves and sentiment
A peep at the inside
- Cream and brown card stock
- My Artistic Adventures Vintage Thanksgiving Autumn Thankful Tags and Card Collage Sheet
- Cottage Cutz “Fancy Ornate Birdcage” die (CCE-027)
- Impression Obsession “Leaves: die (DIE095-D)
- Wax cord
- Tim Holtz distress inks in various autumn colors
Thank you for your visits and sweet comments! Hope you’re ready to play along with our challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. Have a wonderful day.