Another Christmas card for the new challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. The theme for this fortnight is “Holiday Sparkle” and this week’s winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to spend at the Dies R Us store. What an awesome prize!
I used the lovely shabby pink and silver colors in the photo as inspiration for my card. I just love pink Christmas cards! The Christmas tree is cut with a Memory Box die and layered the tree on a pink triangle to provide a sturdy base for the “decorations”. I added my favorite pink roses, silver gemstones, stars and cord to create the sparkle on the tree. For the background I used rose paper and a piece of vintage lace. The sentiment is cut with a Paper Smooches Christmas Words die. There are beautiful cards from the design team at The Shabby Tea Room blog and a visit to see them will be worthwhile.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- Card Mania Challenge CMC#75 (ends 12/31) – Christmas
- Crafty Time December Challenge (ends 12/31) – Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges #81 (ends 12/15) – Merry Christmas
- Dies R Us Challenge #38 (ends 12/13) – Christmas
- Sparkles Christmas Challenge #59 (ends 12/31) – Die Cuts for Christmas
- Creative Corner Challenges (ends 12/11) – Sparkle and Shine
A close-up of the Christmas tree
The sentiment in silver
A peep at the inside
- Cream, silver and pink cardstock
- Memory Box die “Snowflake Tree” No. 98405
- Paper Smooches “Christmas Words” OCD087
- Silver gemstones, stars and cord
- Paper roses
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Antique Linen”
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading all your comments and they are much appreciated.