A vintage card today and created for a dear friend celebrating her birthday in February. The Double D Challenge inspiration photo and theme, to add blue and flowers, inspired me. By the way there is still time to enter the first Double D challenge, you have one day left to join us in our challenge! There are fabulous entries in the gallery so far and we’d love to see your creations. There is also a prize to be given out with a random draw. In addition to the prize offered, a Top Creative Winner and a Top 3 will be chosen by the Design Team. International entries are welcome as well!
For my card I used a vintage scrap from Tuck DB and a sentiment stamp from JustRite. I layered the image on blue designer paper and vintage lace. I finished off with a few flourishes, vintage ribbon, cord, a pearl heart and flowers. I hope you like today’s creation.
- Craft for the Craic (ends 01/31) – January Blues!!
- We Love Vintage Challenge #61 (ends 02/02) – Anything Vintage Goes With Lace
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #132 (ends 01/22) – Looky What I Got. (New: Joy Crafts Flourish die and Marianne Design Pearl heart embellishment)
- Artistic Inspirations Challenge #147 (ends 01/17) – Anything goes/twist of the winters blues
- Live and Love Crafts Challenge #43 (ends 01/31) – Something New (New: Joy Crafts Flourish die and Marianne Design Pearl heart embellishment)
- Shopping Our Stash SOS#234 (ends 01/18) – Something New (New: Joy Crafts Flourish die and Marianne Design Pearl heart embellishment)
The vintage image
A close-up of the sentiment and pearl heart
A peep at the inside
- Cream, blue and green card-stock
- Designer paper
- Vintage image from Tuck DB
- JustRite sentiment stamp “Timely Banners” (CR-04920)
- Joy Crafts die “Vintage Flourish” (6002/0163)
- Pearl heart
- Wax cord
- Hug Snug seam binding “Cream”
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Antique Linen”
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.