Today’s creation is a sunny Spring card, inspired by the new challenge at Double D Challenges. The theme is “Yellow – A Happy Place To Be!” and with such a lovely inspiration photo you can just let the creative juices flow. For more information about the challenge and the lovely prize visit the Double D Challenge blog and start creating – we would love to see your card this fortnight.
I love the beautiful bird house in the inspiration tile and decided to make it the main focus of my card. I die cut three birdhouses with a Cottage Cutz die, layered them on yellow gingham paper and a paper doily. To finish of I added green swirls, paper roses, a few birdies and a happy “hello” sentiment. Hope you are inspired by my card and will join in the fun at Double D Challenges.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- Card Mania Challenge CMC#79 (ends 04/30) – Spring
- Die Cut Diva’s Challenges (April) (ends 04/30) – Spring
- Our Crafty Corner Challenge #8 (ends 05/02) – Anything Goes
- Crafting for all Seasons #123 (ends 04/13) – Use Die-Cuts/Punches
- Clear It Out Challenge (ends 04/19) – Theme: Springtime Stash: Add a flower
A close-up of the birdhouses
The sentiment and roses
A peep at the inside
- White, yellow, green, orange and blue card-stock.
- Gingham paper
- Cottage Cutz die ‘Tall Birdhouse” (CC4x4-203)
- Paper Smooches wise dies “Hello words” (J1D116)
- Memory Box die “Tippington Vine” (No. 99299)
- Memory Box die “Resting Birds” (No. 98527)
- Tim Holtz distress inks “Mustard Seed” ; “Dried Marigold”
- Paper roses
- Paper doily
That’s it for today. Thanks for stopping by and I love reading your comments!