Today’s creation is a shabby chic card, inspired by the new challenge at Double D Challenges. The theme is “Happy Mother’s Day or Happy Birthday”. With such a lovely inspiration photo you can create anything in shades of pink, lavender, pastel blue, pastel green and add flowers and/or hearts. For more information about the challenge and the lovely prize visit the Double D Challenge blog. Looking forward to see your card!
I used a heart die cut as focal point and lots of flowers for a shabby look. To finish off I added a piece of lace, lots of pink gemstone hearts and a sentiment. And to all mothers out there, wishing you a very happy day!
- A Beautiful Mess Challenge #2 (ends 05/27) – Anything Goes
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #162 (ends 05/05) – Female Birthdays
- Jade’s Sparkling Butterflies Challenge #18 (ends 05/12) – Add A Sentiment
- Crafting With Dragonflies Challenge #56 (ends 05/14) – Vintage / Shabby Chic
- Deep Ocean Challenges #128 (ends 05/17) – Flowers Everywhere!
- I Am Roses Challenge (APR IAR Challenge) (ends 05/08) – Anything Goes (IAR products used: D1-124, D1-601, S10-187)
- ScrapyLand Challenge #41 (ends 05/19) – Anything Goes (Dies used: Spellbinders Shapeabilities die D-Lites “Vines of Passion” (S2-022) ; Penny Black Creative die “For You” (51-105) ; Memory Box die “Cherish Border” (No. 98282) (Inside of card))
A close-up of the heart and flowers
A peep at the inside
- White, pink and lavender card-stock
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities die D-Lites “Vines of Passion” (S2-022)
- Penny Black Creative die “For You” (51-105)
- Memory Box die “Cherish Border” (No. 98282) (Inside of card)
- Gem hearts
- Wax cord
- Tim Holtz distress inks “Milled lavender” and “Victorian Velvet”
That’s it from me today! I hope you like today’s creation. If you do, please leave a comment – I love reading them. Have a great day and happy crafting.