Today’s creation is a masculine card, inspired by the new Double D Challenge. I am joining Team Darlene for this challenges and the theme is “One for the Boys”. With such a lovely inspiration photo you can create anything but we would like to see sports, cars, motorcycles, checks,or fishing. For more information about the challenge and the lovely prize visit the Double D Challenge blog. Looking forward to see your card!
I created a card in the vintage style using gears and a vintage car die cut. I layered everything on a red background, a strip of checkered paper, an embossed panel and two tags cut from Kraft paper. I added some red and black buttons for interest. Please see the project details at the bottom of this post for the dies I used.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- Try it on Tuesdays Challenge (ends 06/18) – It’s All About Him
- Crafty Boots Challenges (ends 06/19) – Masculine Cards
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #166 (ends 06/27) – For A Special Man
- The Corrosive Challenges #6 (June) (ends 06/30) – Lots of Layers
- A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #22 (ends 06/29) – Anything Goes
- Die Cut Divas June Challenge (ends 06/30) – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination Challenge #90 (ends 06/22) – Anything Goes
- The Male Room Challenge #37 (ends 06/21) – Father’s Day
- Scrapy Land Challenge #44 (ends 07/03) – Masculine (Dies: Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz die (Sizzix) “Gadget gears” (656636) (Large gear) ; Elizabeth Craft Designs die “Clock and Gears” (917) (Smaller gear) ; Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Phrase Set One” (S4-563)(for sentiment).
A close-up of the car and sentiment
A peep at the inside
- White , black and red card-stock
- Checkered paper
- Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades embossing folder (Sizzix) “”Postcard” (9656946)
- Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz die (Sizzix) “Gadget gears” (656636)
- Cottage Cutz die “Vintage Car” (CCE-262)
- Elizabeth Craft Designs die “Clock and Gears” (917)
- Nellie’s Multi Frames die “Tags-4” (MFD074)
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Phrase Set One” (S4-563)
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
That’s it from me today! If you like today’s card, please leave a comment – I love reading them. Have a great day and happy crafting.