Where did the time go? But I don’t mind because it is time for our new challenge at Double D Challenges. The challenge this fortnight is really easy with the theme “Anything Goes with Polka Dots”. The inspiration board is so beautiful – I just love all the colors and dots! Please visit the Double D Challenge blog and see more wonderful samples from our talented designers and join in the fun! We have a fun prize to give away to one lucky player which will be chosen by Random.org. and a Top Creative Winner and Top 3 will be chosen by the Design Team.
I was inspired by the different colors in the photo and decided on colorful polka dot paper and pink background. I used a Marianne Design Craftables “basket” die cut for the pretty paper roses and layered it on a pink paper doily. I kept the card simple, but still shabby, by adding some sequins, butterflies, an embossed dot strip and a wax cord bow. The sentiment was cut with a Spellbinders Shapeabilities sentiment die.
Challenges I entered:
- Sisters of Craft Challenge (August) (ends 09/01) – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #187 (ends 08/31) – Anything Goes
- Allsorts Challenges Week #374 (ends 08/06) – A Touch of Sparkle (Sequins)
- Crafting With Dragonflies Challenge #62 (ends 08/06) – Anything Goes
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #169 (ends 08/11) – A Walk in the Garden
- Inky Chicks Challenge #70 (ends 08/09) – Use 5 or More Flowers
A close-up of the basket, roses and sequins
The sentiment and butterflies
A peep at the inside
- Cream and pink card-stock
- Polka dot designer paper
- Marianne Design Craftables “Basket” (CR1208)
- Poppystamps die “Leafy Sprig” (No. 1001)
- Crealies die “Butterflies”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Phrase set one” (S4-563)
- Cuttlebug embossing folder
- Paper doily
- Paper roses
- Wax cord for bow
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Old paper”
Hope you like this shabby polka dot card. I had a great time making it. Thanks for stopping by and your comments are much appreciated.