A new challenge starts today at Double D Challenges. Team Diane is hosting this challenge with the happy theme of “Neons / Brights”. Just look at the cheerful mood board – it will surely help you to get started. The team have created a bunch of bright cards to inspire you – a visit to the Double D Challenge blog will be worthwhile. We have also a fun prize to give away to one lucky player which will be chosen by Random.org.
My card is a little bit different from what you usually see on my blog. Yes, I tried again to make a clean and simple card. It was not easy for me but I managed to put something together that in a way matches the mood board! I swiped five different distress inks on white card-stock, cut the hearts with a Memory Box die and then layered the colored hearts on a white panel. Some of the hearts as well as the top panel were lifted with mirror tape from the base card for dimension. I added tiny gemstones for sparkle and a red bow (because my card needs a bit of shabbiness!). I finished off with a die-cut sentiment.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #41 (ends 04/15) – Anything Goes
- Crazy 4 Challenges #C4C379 (ends 04/08) – Rainbow cards or cards with multiple colors
- Scrapy Land Challenges #63 (ends 04/16) – Anything Goes using any brand of low profile or steel ruled die Scrapy Land sells. (Memory Box die “Heart waterfall” (No. 99079)
- Shopping Our Stash SOS#297 (ends 04/10) – Tie One On
- Inspiration Destination Challenge #125 (ends 04/12) – Anything Goes
- The Crafty Addicts Challenge #35 (ends 05/01) – Anything Goes/Add a sentiment
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (ends 04/10) – Make A Rainbow
The sentiment in bright red
The colorful waterfall of hearts
A peep at the inside
Red and white card-stock — Memory Box die “Heart waterfall” (No. 99079) — Crealies Text Dies (CLTD 106) — Tim Holtz distress inks (Peacock feathers, Candied apple, Mustard seed, Mowed lawn, Spiced marmalade) — Tiny gemstones — Hug Snug seam binding for bow.
Thank you for visiting today! I hope you like this CAS creation. If you do, please leave a comment – I love reading them. Have a great day and happy crafting.