I hope you are all doing well. Today’s post is about the new challenge at Double D Challenges with the theme “Things that fly”. I am joining Team Darlene for this fun challenge. For more information about the challenge and the lovely prize visit the Double D Challenge blog. Looking forward to see your card!
I was inspired by the colors, lovely kite and white clouds in the photo. I used two layers of colorful background paper to create a cheerful feeling to the card. I added the kite and embellished it with little roses and a gemstone. To give the feeling of movement some puffy clouds were added. I finished off with a bright red bow, more blue gemstones, a yellow button heart and a bold sentiment. For the list of dies used, please scroll down to the bottom of my photos. Hope you like my take on the challenge.
Challenges I entered:
- Make My Monday Challenge #41 (ends 03/20) – Colors of the Rainbow
- HLS (Happy Little Stampers) March Challenge (03/31) – Anything Goes with Dies / Die Cuts
- Open-Minded Crafting Challenges #15 (ends 04/09) – Movement in March (Flying kite and drifting clouds)
- Inspiration Destination Challenge #124 (ends 03/29) – Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations Challenges #337 (ends 03/29) – Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenge #151 (ends 03/20) – Lots of Layers
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #195 (ends 03/31) – Anything Goes
A close-up of the kite and puffy clouds
The sentiment and bow
A peep at the inside
Blue, white and red card-stock – Designer paper – Lawn Fawn Craft die “Stitched Kite”(#LF1204) – Memory Box Craft die “Puffy Clouds” (No. 98172) – Impression Obsession die “Best Wishes” (DIE386-F) – Martha Stewart punch “Hearts” – Polka dot washi tape – Mini paper roses — Blue gemstones – Hug Snug seam binding for bow “Lipstick Red” – Heart button – Tim Holtz distress inks “Tea Dye” and “Faded Jeans”
That’s it from me today! I hope you like today’s creation. If you do, please leave a comment – I love reading them. Have a great day and happy crafting.