Today I have a cute card to share with you. It feels like ages since I last used my aquarelle pencils for coloring and worked with cute images. I have the image stamped ages ago but never sat down to make a card with it. It is really busy at work since the beginning of the year and time for my hobby is so limited – hopefully things will calm down.
I am an animal lover and working in a Veterinary Science Library, animal stamps are always a popular choice for me. This cute stamp is from the Crafter’s Companion range Everyday with Barkley “Special Friend”. Those two adorable faces really portray a perfect animal heaven on earth. For the layers I used designer paper from Iralamija and a Spellbinders die cut “Fancy Lattice”. The leafy branch is from Marianne Design Creatables. Hope you enjoy my card as much as I have in creating it.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- A Gem of a Challenge #112 (ends 02/14) – All You Need is Love
- Little Red Wagon Challenge #223 (ends 02/12) - Love
- Crafty Calender February Challenge (ends 02/28) – Love is All Around!!
- Fantasy Stampers Challenge #3 (ends 02/15) – Love and Cherish
- Open-Minded Crafting Challenge #3 (ends 02/22) - Show Some Love
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #2 (ends 02/28) – Add a Gem, or Glitter, or Candi or any Bling
- Fairies Challenge #19 (ends 02/28) – Love is in the Air
- Craftitude Challenge #58 (ends 02/28) – Anything Goes or Valentines/Love
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #107 (ends 02/20) – Be My Valentine
- Crafty Little Fairies Challenge (ends 02/13) – Love
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #58 (ends 02/16) - Anything Goes or Create your Own Challenge (sentiment, image, die cut, stickles, flowers, bling and ribbon)
- Penny Black and More February Challenge (ends 02/28) – Make It Sparkle (gemstones and glitter)
A close-up of the stamped image from Crafter’s Companion “Special Friend” and the ribbon roses
A peep at the inside with another two bling hearts and a fancy lattice
White and pink cardstock
- Designer paper from Iralamija
- Crafter’s Companion stamp Everyday with Barkley “Special Friend”
- Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Fancy Lattice”
- Marianne Design Creatables ”LR0150″
- Cuttlebug die “Tiny Tags” (37-1222)
- Wax cord
- Paper roses
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Antique Linen” and “Peeled Paint”
- Skwiglues glitter glue “Crystal”
- Lyra Rembrandt aquarelle watercolor pencils
Thanks for visiting today, it is always such a pleasure to read your comments. Have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,