My project today is a guest designer card for Crafting by Designs challenge blog. It is such a privilege to create a card for one of my favourite challenge blogs. The theme for this challenge is “White on White”, not so easy for me and definitely a challenge. If you want to join in Rene asked to create a white-on-white project and it can be any theme! White must be the main (or only) colour. The main image can be coloured (if you have an image).
For my white creation I decided on lots of texture, layering, embossing, embellishments and also a distressing. I used a Sizzix die for the Christmas ornaments and a Spellbinders Shapeabilities die for the leaves. It took a little bit of time to do all the layering on the baubles but I really love the outcome. And with all my Christmas cards I added a lot of glitter to make it sparkle!
- Cuttlebug Mania Challenge (ends 12/16) – Anything Goes Christmas (Cuttlebug embossing folder, Sizzix dies and Spellbinders Shapeabilities die)
- Loves Rubberstamps Challenge #82 (ends 12/17) – Anything Goes Christmas
- Parade Your Crafts Challenge #10 (ends 12/23) – Christmas Projects
- Joanna Sheen Challenge (ends 12/31) – Make It Sparkle! Christmas Challenge
- Crafty Boots Challenge (ends 12/23) – Christmas
- Songbird Challenge #30 (ends 12/07) – Merry Christmas Everyone
- Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC288 (ends 12/18) – White On White
- Scribble and Scrap Challenge #7 (ends 12/22) – Anything Goes
The sentiment stamp is from Kaisercraft. I used a Tim Holtz Alterations embossing diffuser to create an oval for the sentiment.
A close-up of one of the Christmas baubles
A peep at the inside embellished with an embossed strip and a leaf
- White cardstock
- Cuttlebug embossing folder “Wicker Weave”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Foliage”
- Sizzix Sizzlits die “Ornament with Flowers” 657226
- Tim Holtz Alterations embossing diffuser Set #1
- Kaisercraft clear stamp set “Tis The Season Collection”
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Old Paper”
- Hug Snug seam binding “Winter White”
- Skwiglues glitter “Crystal”
Thanks for visiting my blog today, I appreciate it so much. To see more inspiring “White on White” projects a visit to Crafting by Designs is worthwhile. Enjoy a wonderful day and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,