Hello crafty friends,
It is a pleasure to share my post today as the guest designer at Frilly and Funkie challenge blog. I have this honor following the winning of the Valentine challenge recently. You can see my winning entry here. Thank you for asking me to join the Frilly and Funky Challenges as a featured guest designer – your challenges always inspires me.
The theme of the current challenge at Frilly and Funkie is “It’s All About Vacation”. I decided to make a vintage card showing a vacation during springtime in Paris. I never visited France but one can always live your dreams in paper crafting! I chose a silhouette image of the beautiful Eiffel Tower and a lovely vintage image of two ladies as my focal point.
To add some texture to my background I used delicate leaf die cuts for the top and bottom and then framed the image with a vintage clock die cut painted with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint. I love to add swallows to my travel themed cards because these lovely little birds travel each year, long distances to countries far away – they are for me world travellers in their own way.
The Eiffel Tower silhouette is cut from recycled cardboard and distressed with Tim Holtz distress inks.
The sentiment is attached with twine to the Tower and then cascading down to connect all the flowers on the card.
A close-up of the flowers
And finally, the inside with a miniature Eiffel Tower, a bow and a few pearls
Project details for the card:
- Cream cardstock
- Prima designer paper “Delight” and Sun Kiss” collections
- Vintage image from Janet K. Designs
- Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz die “Weathered Clock”
- Poppystamps die “Leafy sprig border” No. 1002
- Sentiment stamp from Country Crafts (South Africa)
- Eiffel Tower silhouette
- Chipboard swallow
- Wax cord
- Skwiglues “Crystal”
- Tim Holtz distress crackle paint “Picket Fence”
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Tea Dye”
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge SOS#190 (ends 03/02) – Out of the Jar (I used TH distress crackle paint on the bird and clock and glitter on the flowers)
- Through the Purple Haze Challenge #79 (ends 03/02) – Anything Goes
- Come and Get It Challenges (ends 03/02) – Lots of Layers
- Card and Scrap Udfordring # 91 (ends 02/27) – Alt er lov / Anything goes
- Vintage Utfordring Challenge #96 (ends 02/28) – fugl/fuglebur – bird/birdcase
- Crafting for All Seasons Challenge #96 (ends 03/04) – Dies and/or Punches (Dies used: Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz die “Weathered Clock” ; Poppystamps die “Leafy sprig border” No. 1002)
Thanks for looking at my card and I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.