Today I am sharing a shabby card, inspired by the new challenge at Double D Challenges. The theme is “Silhouettes” and with such a lovely mood board from Team Darlene I decided to play along. For more information about the challenge and the lovely prize visit the Double D Challenge blog. Looking forward to see your card!
I was inspired by the colors and children in the picture. I wanted to create something different and choose to make a shabby style card by added flowers in the colors of the sky pictured in the top left tile on the mood board. The adorable vintage image is from Flonz Craft. I layered the silhouette image on a black background to let the flowers pop. I finished off with pieces of lace and some pink sequins. The sentiment is a Crealies text die. This card was so quick and easy to make and I love the outcome!
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- Fashionable Stamping Challenges #122 (ends 05/13) – Use Your Favourite Stamp
- DragonFly Dreams Challenge (ends 05/01) – Anything Goes
- The Ribbon Girl Challenge (ends 04/29) – ‘Use any image’ projects
- Card Mania Challenge #91 (ends 04/30) – April Showers Bring May Flowers
- Creatalicious Challenges #113 (ends 05/01) – Anything Goes + optional birthday
- Eclectic Ellapu April Challenge (ends 04/30) – Shabby Chic or Vintage
- Sunny Day Crafting Challenge (April) (ends 04/30) – Spring
A close-up of the image
A peep at the inside
White and black cardstock — Flonz Craft clear stamp “Children Swinging”– Crealies Text die (CLTD 09) — Creative Expressions Craft die “Swirly Leaf Trio” (CED1468) — Prima Flowers — Lace — Sequins — Hug Snug seam binding — Tim Holtz Distress Inks “Worn Lipstick” and “Spun Sugar”
I hope you like today’s creation. If you do, please leave a comment – I love reading them. Have a great day and happy crafting.