A card to share for the new challenge at Double D Challenges. The theme for our two weekly challenge this time is “June Wedding” with a color combo of blue and coral/peach. It does not have to be a wedding card…just use the colors! For more information about the challenge and the prize up for grabs visit the Double D Challenge blog and start creating – we would love to see your card this fortnight.
I always love to make cards in the shabby style and the inspiration tile just fits this style perfectly. I used several layers of distressed paper for the base of the card. As background for the flower bouquet I used an Impression Obsession stamp “Wooden plank”. For a bit of extra shabbiness I add a Marianne Design Creatables die cut doily and vintage lace. To finish off I added pretty flowers in different shades of blue and coral, white sprigs, a flower border, gemstone hearts and a bow. The sentiment is a Penny Black creative die ” For you”.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #178 (ends 06/05) – Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends Challenge #32 (ends 06/04) – Summertime
- A Beautiful Mess Challenge #3 (ends 06/30) – Anything Goes
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #164 (ends 06/02) – Dies and/or Punches
- Aud Sentiments Challenge #156 (ends 06/09) – Anything Goes + A Sentiment
- Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #268 (ends 06/07) – Anything Goes with Die-Cuts (I used Marianne Design Creatables die “Doily” (LR0269) ; Penny Black Creative die “For You” (51-105) ; Tattered Lace die “Starlight Oval” for twigs (D610))
- ScrapyLand Challenge #43 (ends 06/12) – Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells (Dies used: Penny Black Creative die “For You” (51-105) ; Tattered Lace die “Starlight Oval” for twigs (D610))
A peep at the inside
- White and blue card-stock
- Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card stamp”Wooden plank” (CC177)
- Marianne Design Creatables die “Doily” (LR0269)
- Penny Black Creative die “For You” (51-105)
- Tattered Lace die “Starlight Oval” for twigs (D610)
- Gemstone hearts
- Paper flowers
- Hug Snug seam binding “Flower Blue”
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
There is more inspiration over at Double D Challenge blog! I hope you like today’s creation. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!