My card today features something that is a bit different from my usual card style – an embossing folder as main image. I do not use embossing folders often on my cards but when I saw this Darice embossing folder I immediately fell in love with the sweet little bird cages. To let the embossed bird cages pop a little more, I coloured each of them with distress ink and added a few pearls.The purple birds are fussy cut from a second embossed image and attached with mirror tape for a dimensional look. The sentiment is cut with a Spellbinders die D-Lites. A green flourish and shades of purple roses complete the card.
- Crafty Boots Challenges (ends 05/10) – Things with Wings
- Get Creative Challenges #13 (ends 05/04) – Using Pink, Green and Purple.
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #121 (ends 05/03) – Anything Goes
- Come and Get It Challenges (ends 05/03) – Spring is in the Air
- Open-Minded Crafting Challenges #35 (ends 05/08) – Shabby Chic
- Simply Papercraft Challenge #3 (ends 05/08) – Anything Goes or Lots of Layers
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #137 (ends 05/01) – Springtime Flowers
- Allsorts Challenge #308 (ends 05/01) – Bring on the Bling (I used glitter and pearls)
- Creatalicious Challenges #74 (ends 05/15) – Embossing, Wet of Dry)
- The Crafting Cafe April Challenge (ends 04/30) – Flights of Fancy
The leaf flourish and roses
A close-up of some of the roses
A peep at the inside
- White and lilac cardstock
- FabScraps designer paper “Marie Antoinette”
- Darice embossing folder “Bird cages”
- Spellbinders die D-Lites ‘Sentiments Three” (S2-139)
- Marianne Design Creatables “Leaf Flourish” (LR0051)
- Tim Holtz distress inks “Milled lavender” and “Peeled Paint”
- Roses in shades of purple and pink
- Skwiglues glitter “Crystal”
Thanks for visiting today and looking at my card. I would love to know what you think of my card and appreciate your comments so much. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.