A new challenge starts today at Double D Challenges. Team Diane is hosting this challenge with the lovely theme of “Lavender and Lace”. The theme of beautiful lavender colors and romantic lace speaks of timeless elegance for me. The team have created beautiful cards to inspire you – a visit to the Double D Challenge blog will be worthwhile. The prize to win for this challenge is a “Precious Marieke Flower Border die” and absolutely gorgeous!
I was inspired by the colors and beautiful lace in the photo. I use a Tattered Lace die “Counting the moments” as focal point on my card. I layered several papers and fancy lace to create a shabby background for the clock. The fun part for me is always to arrange the flowers and bows and I really like the outcome on this card. I finished off with a sentiment die cut from Impression Obsession, a little bit of glitter and sparkling sequins.
Challenges I entered:
- Artistic Inspirations Challenge #171 (ends 02/06) – Anything Goes
- As You Like It Challenge (ends 01/09) – Your Favourite Flower (AND WHY!) I love roses because they are always associated with romance and love and they refreshes my mind with their lovely fragrances.
- Scrapy Land Challenges #59 (ends 01/15) – Anything Goes using any brand of low profile or steel ruled die Scrapy Land sells. (I used Tattered Lace die “Counting the Moments” (0272) — Impression Obsession sentiment die “For You” (DIE383-C) — Spellbinders Nestabilities “Romantic Rose” (S5-230) for inside)
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge SOS#288 (ends 01/06) – Day of Yore: cards or projects with a vintage/shabby chic/distressed look to it!
- Inspiration Destination Challenges #121 (ends 01/08) – Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #37 (ends 01/15) – Anything Goes
A close-up of the clock
The flowers and bow
A peep at the inside
White and lilac card-stock — FabScraps designer paper — Tattered Lace die “Counting the Moments” (0272) — Impression Obsession sentiment die “For You” (DIE383-C) — Spellbinders Nestabilities “Romantic Rose” (S5-230) for inside — Paper flowers in shades of purple — Wax cord — Hug Snug seam binding “Lilac” — Lace — Sequins — Stickles glitter “Lavender” — Tim Holtz distress ink “Milled Lavender”
That’s it from me today! I hope you like my card. If you do, please leave a comment – I love reading them. Have a great day and happy crafting.