Hello blog friends,
We are celebrating Spring at Double D Challenges and I hope you can join us this week with your flower creations. With such a lovely inspiration photo you can just let the creative juices flow. For more information about the challenge and the lovely prize visit the Double D Challenge blog and start creating – we would love to see your card this fortnight.
I was inspired by the wood-grain chair, the flowers, green, pink and yellow colors and the birds. I used a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder “Bark” for the background.This was distressed with white acrylic paint for a shabby look. After layering an oval wreath on the background I added lots of flowers and bows. The final touches are a stamped die cut bird, pink hearts and a sentiment. I also made an envelobox and embellished it to match my card. All the supplies are listed below. Hope you like my take on the inspiration picture.
I entered my card in the following challenges:
- I Am Roses February IAR Challenge (ends 03/08) – Anything Goes (IAR products used: S10-2 (Small Pale Pink Paper Flowers), S15-00 (Small Mixed Pink Paper Flowers ), S10-401 (Small Yellow Paper Flowers ))
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #158 (ends 03/01) – Celebrate Theme with Ribbon or Trim
- Scrapy Land Challenges #61 (ends 03/12) – Anything Goes using any brand of low profile or steel ruled die Scrapy Land sells. (Dies used: Tattered Lace die “Starlight Oval” (D610) ; Memory Box die “Forest Bird” (No. 98340) ; Spellbinders Shapeabilities sentiment die “Phrase Set One” (S4-563)
- Inspiration Destination Challenge #123 (ends 03/14) – Anything Goes
- Make My Monday Challenge #40 (ends 03/06) – Birds
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge SOS#292 (ends 03/06) – A color palette (Colors used: Pink, yellow, green)
- Ooh La La Challenge #223 (ends 03/13) – Embossing (Dry)
- Frilly and Funky Challenge (03/14) – Welcome, Spring!
The flowers and close-up of the stamping and embossing
A peep at the inside
The matching envelobox
White, green and kraft card-stock ; Spellbinders M-Bossabilities embossing folder “Bricks and Bark” (EL-015) ; Tattered Lace die “Starlight Oval” (D610) ; Memory Box die “Forest Bird” (No. 98340) ; Spellbinders Shapeabilities sentiment die “Phrase Set One” (S4-563) ; Hug Snug seam binding “Antique Gold” ; White acrylic paint for distressing ; White wax cord ; Hearts ; Tim Holtz distress inks ‘Peeled Paint” , “Victorian Velvet”, “Tattered Rose”, “Tea Dye” ; Flowers (I am Roses products used: S10-2 (Small Pale Pink Paper Flowers), S15-00 (Small Mixed Pink Paper Flowers ), S10-401 (Small Yellow Paper Flowers) and Prima roses)
Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts in the comments. Have a wonderful day!