November is here … and Christmas is coming soon. I have my first Christmas card for this year to share today. The card was created for the new challenge at The Shabby Tea Room and the theme for this fortnight is “O’ Christmas Tree”. Our sponsor is Bugaboo stamps and you could be the winner of 7 Bugaboo digi stamps by just playing along. A visit to The Shabby Tea Room for the inspiration picture and more info on the prize and rules will be worthwhile.
For my card I used a Bugaboo stamp “Merry Christmas Tree” so kindly sponsored by Jodie. As the Christmas tree is so cute with the pink gem stones and glitter as decorations I decided to keep the rest of the card clean and simply. To capture the rustic and shabby look of the inspiration picture, I layered the image on a wooden plank background, add a strip of burlap, some vintage seam binding and pink roses. The distressed edges adds a perfectly aged, weathered look. Hope you like my take on a non-traditional Christmas card.
- Alphabet Challenge (ends 11/27) – T is for ‘Tis the Season’
- Crafty Calender November Challenge (ends 11/28) – Sparkle, Bling and Embellish.
- Craft for the Craic November Challenge (ends 11/30) – Something Glittery
- 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #272 (ends 11/19) – Ribbon
- Aud Sentiments Challenge #144 (ends 11/17) – BINGO plus A Sentiment (I used middle row horizontally: Ribbon, Digi, Flowers)
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge #134 (ends 11/19) – Christmas Tree with Ribbon
- Scrap & Craft Challenge #15 (ends 11/29) – Shabby Chic or Vintage
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #150 (ends 11/22) – Anything Goes
A close up of the Christmas tree
The flowers and ribbon
A peep at the inside
- White cardstock
- Wooden plank designer paper
- Bugaboo stamp “Merry Christmas Tree”
- Pink gem stones in various sizes
- Skwiglues glitter
- Derwent Inktense pencils for coloring
- Hug Snug seam binding “Pink Tulip”
- Tim Holtz distress inks “Antique Linen”
I love having you stop by, thank you for visiting! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.