Time for our second challenge at Double D Challenges. I am joining Team Darlene for this fortnight’s challenge with the theme “Brrr! Winter” The inspiration board (see bottom of my post) is so beautiful it inspired me to created a card. Please visit the Double D challenge blog and see more wonderful samples from Team Darlene’s talented designers and join in the fun!
I was inspired by the trees, birds and the brown, white and red colors in the photo. I used an Impression Obsession “wood texture” stamp for the background. I kept the card simple by adding a branch and red bird layered on a white oval as focus point. “Snowflakes” in the form of pearls were added to complete the winter scene. The sentiment was cut with a Marianne Design Creatables die.
- Our Crafty Corner Challenge #5 (ends 01/31) – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge #159 (ends 01/24) – Anything Goes
- 2 Creative Chicks Showcase #6 (ends 01/31) – Anything Goes
- Sisters of Craft January Challenge (ends 01/31) – Anything Goes
- Creative Corner Challenges (ends 01/22) – Feathers
- Daring Cardmakers Challenge (ends 01/22) – Leaf It Alone
- Simply Papercraft Challenges (ends 01/29) – Anything Goes
A close-up of the little red birdie
A peep at the inside
- White, red and brown card-stock
- Impression Obsession rubber stamp “Wood Texture” (CC178)
- Marianne Design Creatables “Flourish” (LR0151)
- Marianne Design Creatables “Sentiment” (LR0224)
- Poppystamps die “Peaceful Bird” (No. 929)
- Impression Obsession die “Little birds” (DIE154-A) (inside of card)
- Tim Holtz distress ink “Vintage photo”
I hope you like today’s creation. If you do, please let me know in the comments down below. Thanks for stopping by.