Hello blog friends,
I’m back with my DT project for the new challenge over at Sugar Creek Hollow. I can’t believe the last two weeks of November are gone – time just flies. For this fortnight the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge is ”A Vintage Christmas”. You can make anything you wish (cards, altered items. gifts, etc.) as long as it is vintage or shabby chic. For this challenge we are pleased to have Avril Branthwaite joining us as guest designer. You can see more of her lovely work at Mrs. B’s Crafting Addition.
My card is created with traditional Christmas colours and a lovely vintage Christmas image from Janet K Design – I so much love her designs! The card is for a very dear friend and she loves lots of glitter on Christmas cards, so you will see more sparkle on this one than on my other cards. The rosettes were made with a Tim Holtz Alterations die and I embellished them with glitter, distress ink and pearls to make them look like hanging Christmas ornaments. Hope you like my take on the challenge.
- A Creative Romance (ends 12/06) - Vintage Style
- Craft-room Challenge (ends 12/10) – Vintage Christmas
- Allsorts Challenge #235 (ends 12/06) – Inspired by a Christmas Song /Carol (Song: An Old Fashioned Christmas)
- Crafty Hands Challenge #3 (ends 12/06) – Sparkle and Bling
- 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #170 (ends 12/05) – Christmas
- 365 Cards Challenge #Day – 333 (ends 12/02) – Rough Around the Edges (I used edge distresser)
- Papercrafting Journey Challenge (ends 12/05) – Bling It Up!
- Crafty Girls Challenges #7 (ends 12/12) – Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash SOS#129 (ends 12/09) – Holiday or Winter
- Crafting by Designs Challenge (ends 12/04) – Christmas or Winter
- Creative Moments Challenge #31 (ends 12/11) – Anything Goes/ Vintage
The rosettes embellished with glitter and pearls
The image from Janet K Design
The numerals cut with a Tim Holtz Alterations die
The chipboard corners, flowers and leaves
A peep at the inside
- Cream and red cardstock
- Vintage image from Janet K Design
- Tim Holtz Alterations die “Festive Greenery”
- Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers die “Mini reindeer and 25 set”
- Tim Holtz Alterations die “Mini paper rosettes”
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Snowflake Wonder”
- Chipboard corners
- Paper roses
- Tim Holtz distress inks “Vintage photo” “Tea dye” and “Peeled paint”
- Skwiglues glitter “Gold”
Thanks for visiting today, I appreciate it so much. Have a wonderful week and happy crafting.
Regards from South Africa,