The days and weeks are running away with me and I could not believe it is time for a new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow! The theme for this challenge is “I can see clearly” and you therefore have to create a card or any paper crafting project using something like acetate or clear packaging on your creation. Please remember your project must be made in a vintage or shabby chic style.
I created my card around a lovely piece of designer paper by Marion Smith Designs – I just love the basket of roses. I stamped a clock face and a sentiment on some clear packaging from a Spellbinders die with black StazOn “Tuxedo Black” ink. I assembled the clock face with mirror tape on the designer paper so that the lovely paper, image and leafy sprig border are still visible. The mirror tape is hidden with paper flowers glued strategically on the dots. I added some butterflies, gemstones and a bow to finish off.
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #58 (ends 10/28) – Anything Goes with a Twist … Add Some Flowers
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #236 (ends 10/27) – Bingo (Flowers, Gems, Die Cuts)
The basket with pretty roses
Butterflies and the sentiment
The clock face stamped on clear packaging to show off the leafy sprig border and designer paper
A close-up of the inside
- Cream , beige, green and blue cardstock
- Marion Smith Designs “Mad Tea Party – Alice”
- Plastic packaging material
- Poppystamps die”Leafy Sprig Border” No. 1002
- Martha Stewart butterfly punch
- Simply Irresistible stamps by Amanda (SiDesigns) “Clock”
- Sentiment stamp (Country Crafts South Africa)
- Paper flowers
- StazOn ink “Tuxedo Black”
- Pink gemstones
- Hug Snug seam binding “Cameo Beige”
- Wax cord
- Tim Holtz distress inks “Tea Dye”, “Peeled Paint”, “Victorian Velvet”
Thank you for visiting today and I hope you like what you see – I appreciate your comments about my cards so much. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.